US - Solution Architect
Cognite is a young, innovative, fast-growing software company building the world's best industrial data platform. The Cognite Data Fusion ingests, processes and contextualizes huge amounts of industrial data to make it available for analysis, machine learning and day-to-day decision making. Cognite Group HQ is in Oslo, Norway and our North America HQ is in Austin, Texas with satellite office in Houston.
Our Solution Architect team makes things happen. As a Solution Architect, you will work directly with key customers, field sales, delivery, and product development teams. The customer sees you as the technical expert. Together with the team, you will define solutions and support each integration through to a successful finish.
A successful candidate must be highly organized, thorough, and communicate well with all stakeholders. You will be required to collaborate and lead, as well as work independently. Your work will have real impact on the success of Cognite and our customers. It is a challenging role, but you’ll be part of a great team that helps you excel and succeed!
We strive to build a diverse team that can leverage different strengths and backgrounds to build innovative products and nurture a great culture. We hire at different levels depending on your experience.Tasks and responsibilities
You will be encouraged to use your own strengths and interests to take on a variety of responsibilities. These may include:
- Provide technical expertise and support for customers and the Cognite Customer Success team. Provide guidance and find solutions that enable customers’ business use-cases
- Establish good relationships with key IT Data Managers and Business Data Managers, to drive long-term adoption of Cognite’s products and services
- Independently work with and manage integration and data modeling using Cognite data connectors, SQL, Python/Java and Rest APIs
- Train partners in your area of specialization, including the creation of training materials, modeling guidelines, and best-practices
- Collaborate with our R&D and Product Management teams to turn customer needs into a prioritized pipeline of product offerings
- Develop and maintain technical and business expertise for Cognite’s products
- Support pre-sales with technical expertise and seamless transfer to delivery phase
You are creative and technical, able to think on your feet and roll up your sleeves. You:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
- Have experience with data standards and technologies, such as:
- Loading and transforming data (e.g. using ETL tools)
- Using SQL
- Programming experience (e.g., Java or Python)
- Have experience from technical roles such as software engineer, data scientist, data engineer or similar.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Are structured, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple assignments and projects at the same time
- Are a strong team player, but prepared to drive projects and work independently
- Are motivated to travel (amount of travel will vary, but at least 25% should be expected)
- Have architectural skills dealing with data modeling and infrastructure solutions, such as classical data warehousing and big data architectures
- Have experience with enterprise integration, customer relationships or IT integration design
We are an exciting fusion of the technological and the industrial, fast growth and sustainable innovation.
- Competitive salary and benefits (including 401K plans, health insurance, and more)
- Opportunity to work with great people on projects that create real impact
- Opportunity to be part of- and participate in global projects
- Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
- Regular internal or external tech-talks
- All the tools you need to be productive
- Open and friendly company culture
- Emphasis on individual health, including access to private medical clinic
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers
- High level of autonomy and ability to influence decisions
- New, attractive offices