Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Vice President of Engineering to our team. The ideal candidate has built and led geographically distributed engineering teams developing revolutionary hard tech solutions. You must possess significant design engineering expertise in electronics hardware and software systems, preferably in the areas of RF, wireless, and/or high-speed digital electronics. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and are passionate about team development and product creation, we would like to hear from you.
We are building a communications platform for the next network frontier, and that begins with an engineering team of uncommon capability and visionary leadership. In this position, you will drive delivery of existing products, guide product evolution, and establish world-class engineering team proficiencies. The rapid growth of our team, customer programs success and product potential is just beginning; and you will guide the success of the engineering team in organizational needs, intentional mentorship, experienced engineering concepts, and creative ingenuity.
- Add immediate technical value to product architecture discussions and business proposals
- Translate company vision into concrete, measurable engineering deliverables
- Set engineering roadmap and priorities, and efficiently run day-to-day operations
- Envision, establish, and implement a workforce proposal structured for the achievement of product roadmaps and milestones
- Enable aggressive product completion timelines while ensuring quality targets are achieved
- Open new engineering sites in planned U.S. locations, implementing local and functional leadership
- Lead, manage, and inspire distributed teams
- Develop engineering talent and career ladders, establishing a high-performance culture
- Collaborate with executive peers to achieve company business targets
- Assist with a wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup
Must have experience includes:
- An advanced degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering is required
- The successful candidate must be proficient in electronics hardware design engineering
- Experience wearing multiple hats at a rapidly growing startup company
- Background in development for government/defense programs
- Background in RF or networking technologies
Successful candidates will have:
- Prior role featuring hands-on engineering design and development activities
- Experience delivering advanced communications products and systems
- Experience managing significant team growth; ideally, multiples of original size
- Experience leading geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to change an industry and disrupt incumbent players
- A list of successful leaders s/he has inspired, mentored, and developed
- Sense of urgency, with the ability to work well under pressure
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.