OutboundEngine is looking to add a talented Front End Developer that has experience building complex web applications to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and local to our Downtown Austin, Texas office.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
What you will be doing
- Working in a Agile Scrum environment.
- Building and maintaining enterprise web applications.
- Creating awesome user experiences.
- Participating in a highly skilled and diverse engineering team.
- Following best practices around development, testing, source control, and deployment.
- Continuing to develop and expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
- Using your creative engineering skills to solve complex problems and requirements.
- Demonstrating your passion for elegance and efficiency in software engineering.
- Producing high-quality code through strong testing practices and attention to detail.
- Coding on your choice of Mac or Windows.
- A minimum of 2+ years experience as a front-end developer building responsive websites and web applications.
- An understanding of semantic, responsive, cross-browser markup.
- Experience with front-end web frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation).
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as LESS, SASS and/or Compass.
- Comfortable developing with Git, coding standards, and branding guidelines.
- Confidently and quickly able to navigate around and work within an unfamiliar codebase.
- Able to troubleshoot and debug complex websites and applications (e.g. network requests, front-end performance, layout issues, browser bugs).
- Must be comfortable working with product designers. Should have experience converting design comps created in Photoshop or Sketch into functional websites.
- Strong object oriented fundamentals with experience in Java or C#.
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong Java background.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics).
- UI/UX design (e.g. wireframing, prototyping, comps).
- Client facing consulting experience.
- Proficiency in ExtJS.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server) and SQL.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary.
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company-paid downtown parking or metro pass.
- Stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches.
- Casual dress and music rocking all day.
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more.