Accountant: Lending Operations
Skills Fund is looking for staff accountant focused on lending operations to join our world-class team in downtown Austin.
What is the opportunity?
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the processing and reconciliation of lending operations accounting, which includes the flow of loan funds from and to multiple entities. This includes generating reports and invoices needed for various loan-related funds to disburse, as well as monitoring and reconciling that disbursements were done correctly.
- While the Staff Accountant may perform limited company accounting tasks, such as A/R and A/P, this position is primarily focused on lending operations accounting. It is an excellent opportunity to learn in depth and to master the operational accounting of a financial services firm, which encompasses funding loans, financing loans, capital markets activities including lines of credit and loan purchases/sales, and the use of credit enhancements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of invoices, funding certificates, and reports used weekly and monthly for the financing and disbursement of loans. This will require pulling together and analyzing disparate streams of data needed to generate invoices and reports.
- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders to reconcile data and ensure items are processed correctly.
- Monitoring and reconciliation of multiple bank accounts that handle loan and loan-related flow of funds.
- Reconciliation of a variety of complex statements that track repayment of loans and the disposition of related funds.
- Pull together, analyze, and present accurate and actionable reporting information from multiple stream of financial data
What does it take to succeed?
A Learner’s Mindset: You should have a desire to learn, adapt, and develop in a rapidly growing and changing start-up environment.
Passion for our Mission: You should care deeply about helping drive access to quality, skills-based education as we revolution how higher education quality is measured and financed.
- Accounting degree. This job is an ideal entry-level position for a talented staff accountant ready to tackle lending operations accounting rather than traditional company accounting.
- Understands basic data and data analysis
- Proficiency in QuickBooks highly desired
- Attention to detail – the KPI is 100% error free and on time processing
- Reporting skills (presenting accounting information that is useful to the end user)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet regular (weekly) deadlines
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to engage productively and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
Qualities: Energetic and Passionate. Highly analytical, data driven, and detail oriented. Exceptional ability to prioritize, focus, and understand. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
Attitude: Positive, relentless, focused, humble, curious, fun. No BS. Zero office politics.
How do I apply?
In your cover email, please include an explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund based on the company’s purpose, the Skills Code, or the Skills Fund Compensation Philosophy found at https://skills.fund/careers. Email this plus your resume to [email protected].
Include in your brief explanation the answer to the below questions:
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No