MineralSoft is the leading asset management software provider for the trillion dollar mineral-rights asset class. Our technology is the first and only solution to fully digitize the ecosystem and move vital workflows into an integrated software solution. We empower our customers to answer questions that help validate and maximize their asset value and payments and also provide decision-making support around when to buy, sell or hold. This is a high impact, high reward opportunity with an established Austin-based oil & gas SaaS and data platform company.
About the Role:
Our Accountant/Bookkeeper will be responsible for full-cycle accounting to include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, accruals, expense reports, payroll processing including commission calculation and financials for MineralSoft. This person will work closely with Client Success to ensure accurate and timely billing and collections for MineralSoft’s 100+ clients. Must maintain the accuracy and timeliness of financial/accounting processes and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and understand how both financial and non-financial metrics may impact the business. There will be opportunities for this role to streamline and improve operational processes internally. This position will be based in Austin, Texas.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a working knowledge of GAAP and accounting standards
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a corporate accounting/bookkeeper role
- You have 2+ years of experience with QuickBooks and are an excel guru
- You can manage an outside tax firm, revenue-sharing partners and 3rd party auditors
- You have proven experience producing financial statements and ad-hoc reports
- You have an understanding and comfort with start-up growth and revenue cycles
- You possess a willingness to work in an environment that does not have structured processes yet; ideal candidate will desire to help set up new processes and procedures
- You have payroll processing experience and have managed expenses and commission plans- this is a huge plus
- You have the desire to dig into the weeds, problem solve and identify opportunities for improvement
- You are extremely detail-oriented and dependable