As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a skilled and passionate Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing financial reporting functions and accounting responsibilities, period close activities, budgeting, and centralizing processes and controls. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has experience and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic high-growth environment, experience with transformational accounting processes and a drive to be continually learning. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who communicates effectively, manages multiple tasks and deadlines, and exercises a high level of integrity and work ethic.
Why Join us? Our Accounting team at Workrise is part of the overall Finance & Accounting group. We are a bunch of hard-working, curious, attentive, coffee loving, no-ego, number-crunchers, owning the responsibility of processing payables, applying cash, ensuring financial accuracy and completeness, revenue close, financial statement preparation, all the way to budgets, forecasts, board decks etc. We are building the foundation of a world class Finance and Accounting organization as our business continues to scale and grow. Are you ready to help us empower the people who get hard work done?
Excited?! Keep reading;What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with accounting and operations groups to develop a timely financial reporting framework.
- Manage integration and consolidation of processes into Workrise’s financial reporting processes, including monthly close cycle, reporting requirements, review of results, identifying accounting and operational items, internal controls and accounting policies.
- Identify opportunities and drive changes to streamline accounting activities in a scalable way to adapt for the growth of the business.
- Manage and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Serve as an effective business partner to many departments including operational departments throughout the company, while working effectively with the Executive team and other key stakeholders.
- Work directly with operational payroll and invoicing teams to ensure GAAP compliant processes.
- Support quarterly and year-end financial audits with external auditors.
- Oversee the implementation of special projects, new initiatives, system changes, process improvements as assigned.
- Experience: 6+ years of public accounting and/or manager level technical accounting experience, with 3+ years building teams and managing people
- Strong leadership & Execution: Demonstrated excellence in people management and ability to execute on a plan.
- Self-starter: Has the ability to work independently through self review.
- Experience and ability in working with multiple teams and stakeholders across the organization with the ability to move in and out of the details
- Strong EQ: ability to perceive, manage, understand and communicate with partners across the organization
- Both technical and operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.