Accounting Manager at SparkCognition
The Accounting Manager reporting to the Controller at SGS will be responsible for maintaining the financial wellness and integrity of the company. You will oversee the general accounting functions and systems to ensure timely & accurate delivery of all financial statements and reports. As the Accounting Manager you will work cross functionally to create and establish solid processes & reporting structures with our Parent Company's Finance/Accounting team, Human Resources, Legal, IT, Sales and Operations.
Join us and:
- Manage the Sr. Accountant to ensure deliverables are compliant with company, GAAP, CAS, & FAR procedures and compliance
- Prepare, maintain, develop, and interpret monthly financial statements & supplemental reports for senior management and the Parent company.
- Apply advanced accounting principles to perform and/or oversee routine and non-routine tasks involving the processing and reconciliation of receivables, billing, payroll, accounts payable, contract revenue calculations, fixed assets, general ledger, preparing financial statements, and supporting compliance initiatives.
- Support compliance with ASC 606 by completing calculations to align and support revenue accounting
- Utilize and optimize Deltek Costpoint accounting system including planning module/business intelligence system to manage, plan, optimize & record all financial activity for SGS.
- Support and assist with all audits including DCAA compliance.
- Maintain SGS balance sheet
- Manage relationships with staff and auditors & responds timely to requests
- Heavily assists in the development of indirect rate structures, budgets, forecasts, incurred costs submissions, & general ledger
- Serve as a resource to the organization in the resolution of complex issues
- Establish a regular cadence to review AP/AR/Billing/Payroll/Internal Controls
- Conducts research and analysis of billed and unbilled receivables & revenue recognition calculations
- Responsible for providing parent company with necessary reports and data for consolidation.
- Maintain and update monthly inter-company shared service meeting deliverables
- Identify potential improvements to existing practices and procedures, collaborates cross functionally to manage change
- Conduct special projects as assigned
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience with general ledger, job costing and GAAP compliance
- CPA preferred- Bachelor's degree in accounting with equivalent combination of education & experience
- MBA a plus
- Experience with Banking transactions
- Proficiency with Deltek Costpoint Accounting required
- Proficiency across Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem-solving, analysis aptitude, and consultative approach
- Ability to constructively pivot and prioritize based on business needs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required- ability to communicate financial analysis to non-financial audience.
- Ability to operate with a high level of discretion
- Strong organization and project management skills
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.