Analyst, Portfolio Management – Austin, TX
Amherst is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm with a long track record in making our clients smarter through data-driven solutions for investing, trading and analysis. Over our firm’s 20 year history, we have accumulated the most robust real estate data set in the world. Paired with our proprietary technology and analytic capabilities, we synthesize and battle-test our data to deliver strategic advantages to our clients in the form of actionable investment recommendations based on solid fundamentals and relative value analysis. Amherst Residential launched in 2012 to develop and operate a Single Family Residential ecosystem. As pioneers in the Single Family Residential sector, Amherst quickly scaled over the last 5 years to more than 950 employees, 19,000+ homes in 28 markets across 18 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Holistically, we manage AUM of $5bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
Our Capital Management team oversees all capital transactions including structuring & execution, debt and equity fundraising, balance sheet management, financial planning & analysis, liability management, portfolio management and strategic initiatives such as business development and mergers & acquisitions. Within Capital Management, the Portfolio Management team interacts directly with investors to provide feedback on both portfolio performance and individual assets. They thoroughly understand nuanced investor strategies and drive / monitor progress within the Company towards realizing investor goals.
- Monitors daily fund performance for 3rd party investors
- Provides analysis to drive strategic decision making in areas such as portfolio composition, financing/capital structure and growth/exit opportunities
- Oversees revenue, expense and Financial Planning & Analysis goals, progress, performance
- Coordinates with other parts of the organization, including Asset Management, Acquisitions and Structuring & Execution for ad hoc investor requests
- Presents monthly and quarterly to management on portfolio progression (actual vs estimates)
- Understands economic impact of revenue and expense functions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to Three (1-3) years of experience in finance, accounting, investment banking, or private equity, preferably with exposure to real estate
- Basic knowledge of business modeling, how to read financials and use Bloomberg is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Current CFA or CFA in progress is a plus
- Interested candidates need demonstrated abilities to:
- Interact professionally with institutional investors
- Shift gears with emerging data points and proactively manage expectations, suggesting solutions when problem arise
- Deliver high quality work product in a timely fashion with attention to detail
- Interpret and present analysis thoughtfully
- Take initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Think strategically and creatively
- Seek out, understand and follow developing industry trends
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in Austin, TX. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.