Analyst, Underwriting – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single-family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single-family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Acquisitions team is looking for an Underwriting Analyst who will work in a fast paced environment as a buy-side analyst in the single-family residential real estate sector. The candidate will quickly be making investment decisions and will have an ability to make an immediate impact in a fast growing team.
- Underwrite and locate investment opportunities accurately using market comparables to determine an accurate rent, value and initial bid price for a single family asset
- Monitor and make decisions on acquiring a single family acquisition by tracking the asset through bid, due diligence period and closing process
- Report on acquisitions in detailed and holistic presentations for senior management
- Assist in creating and preparing underwriting models
- Monitor real estate trends preparing market analysis memos
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, specialty focus on Real Estate a plus, with 0-2 years of experience
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with internal and external professionals
- Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented and organized with a proven ability to work well in a high-intensity environment to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Expected amount of travel: 10-20%
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.