AP Accountant - Austin
Working in Accounting at Hudson River Trading (HRT) means working on a small, highly productive, and efficient team in the front line of HRT's vendor facing interactions.
We are looking for an experienced accounts payable who is eager to be a part of our newly established accounting team in Austin. An ideal candidate should apply his/her knowledge in accounting to come up with innovative ways to improve our processes, efficiency, and workflow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive, verify, upload, and enter invoices and credit card receipts
- Review all invoices for payment terms, discounts, and address/vendor changes
- Assist and support the team in maintaining control over expenses and fixed assets
- Updating and reconciling fixed asset register
- Assist with closing the month by reviewing and analyzing accounting transactions for proper coding and ensuring accuracy of information and calculations
- Track, research, and document problem invoices and discrepancies to ensure they are resolved in a timely matter
- Perform credit card reconciliations
- Process reimbursement of employee travel and business expenses
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Run Accounts Payable check batches, as needed
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Maintain vendor files and contact information by setting up new vendors, reconciling vendor accounts, and managing W-9’s for 1099 processing
- Assist the accounting team in preparing for Annual Audit
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3+ years Accounts Payable/Accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and detail oriented with strong organization and analytical skills
- Must exercise independent judgment, work on multiple initiatives, and manage time effectively
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel (Pivot-Tables)
- Worked with accounting software preferably Sage ERP and ACCPAC
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with special projects as needed
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.