Application Support Technician at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
Application Support Technicians are responsible for running business jobs in our production environment. They are a blend of pragmatic operators and software developers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our infrastructure. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for ensuring automated jobs complete on time and without error, rerunning, and/or escalating to engineering to resolve when issues arise.
- Responsible for internal team and external business partner notification related to automated job issues/incidents.
- Document processes and procedures with an appropriate level of detail
- Work with Engineering and Infrastructure team to implement application configuration and relational database data changes
- Weekend on-call rotation for production job monitoring/support.
- Other responsibilities may be added or assigned
What you’ll have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn new skills to keep up with work environment changes
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus, accuracy, dependability, and attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge about application flows
- Preferred skills:
- Basic knowledge of a programming language(python preferred)
- Customer Support experience
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.