Associate, Portfolio Management – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm with a long track record in making our clients smarter through data-driven solutions for investing, trading and analysis. Over our firm’s 20 year history, we have accumulated the most robust real estate data set in the world. Paired with our proprietary technology and analytic capabilities, we synthesize and battle-test our data to deliver strategic advantages to our clients in the form of actionable investment recommendations based on solid fundamentals and relative value analysis. Amherst Residential launched in 2012 to develop and operate a Single Family Residential ecosystem. As pioneers in the Single Family Residential sector, Amherst quickly scaled over the last 5 years to more than 950 employees, 19,000+ homes in 28 markets across 18 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. Holistically, we manage AUM of $5bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
Our Capital Management team oversees all capital transactions including structuring & execution, debt and equity fundraising, balance sheet management, financial planning & analysis, liability management, portfolio management and strategic initiatives such as business development and mergers & acquisitions. Within Capital Management, the Portfolio Management team interacts directly with investors to provide feedback on both portfolio performance and individual assets. They thoroughly understand nuanced investor strategies and drive / monitor progress within the Company towards realizing investor goals.
- Develop, maintain and improve investment and fund-level models, ensuring accuracy
- Provide strategic advice to investors to optimize financial performance, including portfolio composition, revenue and expense policy, financing/capital structure and strategic growth/exit opportunities
- Partner closely with Asset Management, Investor Relations, and Financial Planning & Analysis to facilitate investment decision making and operational processes
- Coordinate with the Acquisition team to forecast fund sources and uses and drive portfolio composition
- Amalgamate information across functions to address ad hoc investor requests
- Present monthly and quarterly to management on portfolio progression (actual vs estimates)
- Understand the economic impact of revenue and expense functions
- Highlight fund and asset-specific issues and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four to Seven (4-7) years of experience in finance, accounting, investment banking, or private equity, preferably with exposure to real estate
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Current CFA or CFA in progress is a plus
- Interested candidates need demonstrated abilities to:
- Interact professionally with institutional investors
- Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data
- Manage complex models, including experience with discounted cash flow analysis
- Collaborate across the organization to deliver thoughtful analysis and recommendations
- Shift gears with emerging data points and proactively manage expectations, suggesting solutions when problem arise
- Deliver high quality work product in a timely fashion with attention to detail
- Interpret and present analysis thoughtfully
- Take initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Think strategically and creatively
- Seek out, understand and follow developing industry trends
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in Austin, TX. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.