Billing Associate at Hippo Insurance
Role: Billing Associate
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Senior Manager of Billing
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About this Role
The Billing Support Specialist will play a vital role in helping Hippo create the best end to end customer experience in the industry. This person will report to the Billing Manager and support billing escalations via email and phone for our customers.
You’ve spent some time in a billing role in the Banking or Insurance industry and you’re serious about making customers happy.
Daily Tasks & Functions:
Experience & Skills
- Questioning and listening skills that support effective communication
- Strong judgment to handle special telephone tasks like call transfers, taking messages, call backs, holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects
- Ability to adapt quickly to product and procedure changes
- Must be detail and service-oriented
- Moderate supervision needed; demonstrates initiative to handle more tasks independently
- Spanish Bilingual
- Insurance/Billing Industry experience
- Knowledge of insurance products, services, and regulations
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.