Chief Financial Officer at CesiumAstro
At CesiumAstro, we are pioneers of advanced communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
As Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you will play a key role in supporting the overall financial health and direction of the company while simultaneously focusing on the foundational business operations of CesiumAstro. You will be a right-hand to our Founder and CEO to affect change and will collaborate with the entire team to exponentially grow. **Must have start-up, high-growth, and venture-backed leadership experience. ** Ideal candidate will have taken at least one start-up through IPO.
The CFO is responsible for ensuring sound fiscal policies are in place. The CFO will plan, implement, manage, and control all financial-related activities of CesiumAstro. We are looking for a true hands-on approach with energy to scale the team, company, revenue, and goals. We are a true start-up seeking a leader that will guide, mentor, and lead by example. Your contributions will play an essential role in leading and driving the company through hyper-growth, while scaling revenue, and growing internal, and external relationships.
Highlights of this role include oversight of budgeting, R&D spending, cost estimating, corporate financial guidance, treasury management, audit, ERP and other systems implementations, forecasting and modeling, contract negotiations, as well as legal and operations supervision and other leadership activities in support of the CEO.
- Must be willing to work/relocate to CesiumAstro Headquarters in Austin, TX.
- 15+ years of finance and accounting experience, including at least 10 years of experience in a leadership capacity.
- Must have experience working with a hardware-focused business model with Engineering R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Supplier Management, and Cost Accounting.
- Experience partnering and mentoring CEOs / Founders to drive key business fundamentals and performance; Must understand the balance of enforcing financial practices and budgets against the speed of delivery
- Must become a trusted advisor to the CEO.
- Experience leading capital raise (debt and/or equity) inside a venture-backed growth business – creating board decks, financial statements, leading investor conversations, etc.
- Direct experience leading aspects of core business operations – human resources, legal, facilities, etc.
- Direct experience in developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems.
- Direct experience with government and public contract negotiations.
- Direct experience with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) accounting standards is preferred.
- Direct experience identifying and implementing ERP systems.
- Knowledgeable in US GAAP accounting rules.
- Knowledgeable in tax structures both domestic and global.
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Exceptional communicator and presenter, both written and verbal.
- Passion for solving hard problems and willingness to dive into new challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited university or college is required; MBA in Finance and/or CPA preferred.
Successful Candidate Qualities:
- A true builder and innovator of ideas and strategic growth strategies.
- Enjoy challenges and being a true thought leader within a growing company.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure, and cross-functional environment, where you are required to wear many hats and play lots of roles.
- Enjoy the challenge of “wearing multiple hats” and doing everything possible to make the company successful.
- You are a calming force under pressure and can bring added value to critical decisions and collaborate with all leaders to make effective decisions in a timely manner.
- You take initiative and enjoy implementing new processes and procedures.
- You have the natural ability to lead and mentor others, and enjoy creating a collaborative, inventive, and high-energy dynamic environment.