Class of 2020 Private Equity Analyst
CLASS OF 2020 PRIVATE EQUITY ANALYST
Austin, TX | Chicago, IL
Private Equity Analyst Program
Our Private Equity Analyst Program provides you with immersive training and hands-on experience to develop valuation, due diligence and deal execution skills, as well as the best practices of portfolio company management. Working with investment professionals of all levels, you will learn from the ground-up how a sector-specific private equity investor identifies, evaluates, and executes on new opportunities. Simultaneously, exposure to portfolio company management teams will strengthen your c-suite business acumen and ability to identify operational improvement initiatives. With combined aspects of M&A investment banking and consulting operational focus, you will deepen your abilities as a successful private equity investor.
Our three-year program not only offers an entry-level position into the private equity industry, but a jumpstart to your career within a top tier private equity firm with opportunities to advance.
Upon submission of your application, you will automatically receive a link to an online assessment. For your application to be considered, you must complete this assessment. Please note: the link will expire after 5 days.
- Evaluate investment opportunities
- Research industry dynamics
- Analyze complex data sets to identify crucial financial and business information
- Support the execution of deals
Portfolio Management and Operations
- Assist in managing portfolio company reporting, oversight, and operations
- Help implement industry best practices (in partnership with management teams)
Internal Firm Operations
- Collaborate with Vista professionals to identify and research new investment opportunities
- Support the creation of new best practices
- Help raise investment capital
- Expected graduation from undergraduate institution in Spring 2020 (Winter 2019 grads will also be considered)
- High degree of personal and professional maturity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in relevant internship or work study program
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- Exceptional work ethic and a deep sense of accountability
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Interest in financial markets and technology industry sectors and trends
- Ability to multi-task, working on conflicting priorities simultaneously, while always meeting deadlines and high standards of work quality
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.