Controller at Civitas Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (CST) on Monday, August 26, 2019
The purpose is to lead the company’s accounting function and support the Company's continued fast-paced growth. The Controller will be expected to work closely with Senior Management and enhance the financial recording, cost management and collections infrastructures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management and development of the Company's accounting team, including the implementation of necessary systems, policies, and processes
- Effectively manage the financial recording and consolidation of multiple entities and currencies
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist the Finance team with managing organizational cash flow and forecasting
- Development and management of internal financial controls
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices
- Effectively communicate financial matters to the senior management team as needed
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant and/or MBA is preferred
- 10+ years of broad financial and operations management experience in a SaaS company
- Proven-track record in leading finance and/or accounting teams for high-growth software companies in a venture-backed or publicly-traded setting
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Technology savvy; knowledge of accounting and reporting software, strong experience in financial modeling of SaaS business models
- Prior experience with NetSuite ERP system preferred
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem solving skills that support and enable sound decision-making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the company’s mission
- Authorization to work in the United States.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a keyboard, copy machine, and computer printer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including a company-wide bonus program, medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Read Full Job Description