Corporate Accounting M&A Manager at Procore Technologies
Construction affects the lives of nearly everyone in the world. It’s a $10T global industry, employing 7% of the world’s population. However, it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries. Construction is in need of transformation, and Procore is right at the forefront. Will you join our journey?
With 5+ acquisitions in the last 3 years, over 10,000 customers, and a growing international footprint, we’re looking for a Corporate Accounting M&A Manager to drive strategic initiatives, focusing on M&A activities, and join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry. You’ll be a key contributor to Procore’s Corporate Development and M&A, driving financial and accounting due diligence and providing target assessments and thought leadership to enable well-informed M&A decisions at all levels of the organization. As the Corporate Accounting M&A Manager, you’ll own pre-close financial and accounting due diligence and analysis, communicate risks and recommendations, and advise on sales and purchase agreements. You will also own post-acquisition purchase accounting assessments, draft technical accounting memos, and provide input on post acquisition integration planning and execution for the department.
This role will directly report to the Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting and will be based in our Austin or Carpinteria offices. Remote candidates will be considered. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct financial and accounting due diligence, including customer contracts, terms and conditions, and expansion/cancellation trends, and provide assessments of a target company’s outlook, financial profile, strategic fit, and synergy potential, informing both deal-level decision making and Procore’s broader M&A strategy.
- Perform comprehensive research and analysis, synthesize inputs, develop unbiased point of view, and make recommendations on critical issues, potential risks, and “deal breakers” for a potential acquisition
- Evaluate targets’ historical and projected earnings and cash flows; hidden contingencies, commitments, as well as quality of assets and internal control structure
- Assist in structuring purchase price adjustment mechanisms (i.e., setting working capital peg) and other relevant projections in purchase agreements and conduct post-acquisition closing net working capital adjustment analysis
- Support post-acquisition integration efforts, and help the team further refine overall M&A strategy, improve the due diligence process, and constantly iterate on integration planning and execution
- Draft technical acquisition accounting memo, assist in intangibles valuation, and propose journal entries
What we’re looking for:
- CPA licensed, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- At least 5 years of US GAAP Accounting experience, with strong technical accounting knowledge and a deep understanding of the new revenue recognition standard ASC 606 and business combinations standard ASC 805
- SaaS industry experience and preferred. Audit experience with a large public accounting firm preferred
- Proven experience with financial modeling, valuation, and M&A transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to present diligence findings to leadership teams in a clear, concise manner
- Strong financial, research and analytical skills with ability to assimilate and analyze data, extract insights, and make informed recommendations
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.