The Corporate Controller will provide accounting operations of the company, to include financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Reports to Vice President of Finance.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Perform month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee regulatory reporting including the Company’s public filings such as the 10-Q, 10-K, 8-Ks, and other filings as needed to ensure timely and accuracy of financial and disclosure requirements
- Manage third-party service providers
- Oversee stock compensation accounting
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual Audit Committee and Board material
- Perform variance analysis from the budget, forecast, and year-over-year actuals and report significant issues to management
- Maintenance of all accounting systems and functions
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee testing of accounting and reporting process flows and controls
- Oversee the annual audit and liaise with the Board and the auditors as necessary
- Manage and direct the Accounting team
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed and implementation of enhancements, new functionality, or modules
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, direct working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems, and well-developed financial analysis capabilities
- Proven ability to delegate effectively
- Proven ability to recruit, train and motivate personnel
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive while supporting company goals and objectives
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent multi-tasking skills; ability to handle change
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Focused; Results-oriented; dependable; self-starter
- Highly flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact across all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Knowledge of legal issues, experience with contracts, liens, and insurance
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- International accounting experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration or other related fields.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Extensive experience filing quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Hyliion does not anticipate providing employment-related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
FLSA: Exempt (Salaried)
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.