Corporate Controller at RapidDeploy (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:21 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 27, 2022
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four states and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
The Corporate Controller role is a leadership position managing the Accounting team in day-to-day operations as well driving accuracy of financials and high standards of company compliance. The role will own accounting policies and procedures, general ledger accuracy, company controls as well as be the primary interface with external audit/tax firms. The Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You'll Be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Lead accounting team in day-to-day and end of period close accounting operations, providing input on all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Provide technical accounting expertise to ensure various transactions are properly recorded and in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Corporate Controller will own company implementation of ASC 606, ASC 842 and provide leadership in implementation of international accounting procedures, including intercompany transactions, foreign exchange accounting and consolidation of multiple entities.
- Actively lead annual audit, internal/external audit requests and quarterly audit schedules preparation.
- Work with external tax firm to stay up to date on all filings and tax compliance, and partner with PEO as necessary to ensure proper tax filings.
- Develop, maintain and document accounting policies and systems in accordance with GAAP.
- Establish internal accounting controls, and ensure adherence within the accounting department.
- Interface with managers and others in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes.
- Take on ad hoc projects across both Finance and Accounting, including evaluation and implementation of new accounting tools and systems (ie. NetSuite, SaaSOptics, Bill.com).
Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role in accounting. Experience in Big 4 public accounting, required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; CPA required.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, including ASC 606, multi-entity consolidation, and purchase accounting.
- Experience developing and managing internal controls ensuring effectiveness, including business process improvements.
- Ability to manage and mentor members of Accounting team.
- Leadership capabilities and the ability to inspire teamwork and mentor colleagues.
- Experience with NetSuite & Quickbooks ERPs and Salesforce/Hubspot are very beneficial.
- Adeptness with Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description