Credit & Collections Manager
The Credit & Collections Manager will have primary responsibility for leading the company’s decisions on credit limits, trade credit insurance, and collections activities. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and manages a small team.
The Credit and Collections Manager will specifically be accountable for goals in the following areas:
- Establishes, reviews, and adjusts credit limits and trading terms for all customers based on financial information, payment history, bank and trade referenced, outside credit reports (D&A, Ansonia credit reports).
- Determines which customer accounts should be insured with trade credit insurance, factored or held by Arrive Logistics.
- Reviews customer receivable aging reports and focuses collection efforts in minimize delinquent accounts.
- Determines when accounts should be placed on credit hold.
- Manages trade credit insurance and outside collection agencies to minimize bad debt expenses.
- Reviews and approve customer trading terms.
- Directs a small team of collection specialists, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance.
- Works closely with Accounts Receivable and Customer Operations to coordinate efforts to minimize DSO and past due accounts, and resolve billing disputes.
- Proactively plan and executes strategies to ensure adequate credit to achieve revenue goals, and to mitigate collection issues.
- Prepares required monthly schedules to support allowance for doubtful accounts and write offs.
- Files appropriate documents for customers bankruptcy cases.
- Proposes any write-offs.
- Negotiates payment plans and debt settlements with customers.
- Suggests any improvements to the collections process.
Successful candidates will have experience that includes:
- B.S. in Business or Accounting.
- A track record of success in working with respected organizations.
- 5+ years of credit experience in a high volume, large customer population environment.
- 3+ years of staff management experience.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Solid Excel skills.
- Experience with EPR systems required, NetSuite experience beneficial.
- Very strong people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Certified credit professional accreditation is a plus.
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership position at a growing organization.
- Working the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry & leaders in Finance.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401k program.
- Leave the suit and e at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
Read Full Job Description