Credit & Collections Manager at Arrive Logistics
The Credit and Collections Manager will specifically be accountable for goals in the following areas:
- Establishes, reviews, and adjusts credit limits and trading terms for all customers based on financial information, payment history, bank and trade referenced, outside credit reports (D&A, Ansonia credit reports).
- Determines which customer accounts should be insured with trade credit insurance, factored or held by Arrive Logistics.
- Reviews customer receivable aging reports and focuses collection efforts in minimize delinquent accounts.
- Determines when accounts should be placed on credit hold.
- Manages trade credit insurance and outside collection agencies to minimize bad debt expenses.
- Reviews and approve customer trading terms.
- Directs a small team of collection specialists, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance.
- Works closely with Accounts Receivable and Customer Operations to coordinate efforts to minimize DSO and past due accounts, and resolve billing disputes.
- Proactively plan and executes strategies to ensure adequate credit to achieve revenue goals, and to mitigate collection issues.
- Prepares required monthly schedules to support allowance for doubtful accounts and write offs.
- Files appropriate documents for customers bankruptcy cases.
- Proposes any write-offs.
- Negotiates payment plans and debt settlements with customers.
- Suggests any improvements to the collections process.
Successful candidates will have experience that includes:
- B.S. in Business or Accounting.
- A track record of success in working with respected organizations.
- 5+ years of credit experience in a high volume, large customer population environment.
- 3+ years of staff management experience.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Solid Excel skills.
- Experience with EPR systems required, NetSuite experience beneficial.
- Very strong people skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Certified credit professional accreditation is a plus.
- Make an immediate impact in a leadership position at a growing organization.
- Working the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Earn a competitive compensation package.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry & leaders in Finance.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401k program.
- Leave the suit and e at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out with our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!