In this role, you will:
- Provide A/R and sales team with weekly aging reports.
- Frequently analyze and report on outstanding receivables, including significantly past due accounts.
- Identify trends and guide team to reduce A/R aging and optimize collections.
- Respond to customers on any collection related inquiries and manage 1st level escalations.
- Investigate circumstances of non-payment; negotiate and resolve conflicts; follow through to satisfactory resolution resulting in expedited payments of outstanding invoices.
- Build strong relationships with customers and factoring companies in an effort to ensure all invoices are paid according to terms.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with sales and sales management.
- Monitor and manage workflow and daily targets to ensure timely delivery of agreed SLA’s.
- Track and maintain metrics for a variety of data including attendance, productivity, etc.
- Develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality of the team.
- Lead team: involvement in selection/hiring process (as needed); provide on-going training; evaluate performance; hold direct reports accountable; address any performance issues appropriately and timely.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 3+ years experience in an Accounts Receivable role
- 1+ year in a leadership role
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- This position directly supervises a team of 4-7 Customer Relations Support Specialists.