Director- Internal Audit
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is seeking a dynamic and visionary executive to drive positive change throughout the enterprise. The Director of Internal Audit oversees the planning, supervision and execution of internal audit activities. Major responsibilities will include: Delivering an all-inclusive risk-based audit plan; deploying audit resources efficiently and effectively through a risk-assessment process; using the audit process to identify opportunities that will enhance the company’s operations; finding and reporting key issues and their resolutions to senior executives, including the Board; ensuring the most favorable audit coverage by liaising and coordinating with external auditors.
Ideal candidates will have excellent leadership and management skills and should have meaningful experience leading teams. The Director must possess the knowledge and business acumen to ask the proper questions to ensure the root causes of problems are properly identified and be able to effectively discuss issues and solutions with senior management. The Director educates Forcepoint management on risk identification, mitigation and associated control framework processes. The Director also represents Forcepoint through external speaking engagements and publications. The position reports directly to Forcepoint’s Board and CEO and is located in Austin, TX.
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of assigned audit work and special projects in a manner consistent with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, along with the professional standards of conduct and ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Conduct a risk assessment and develop an audit plan.
- Plan and conduct audits of the financial, operational, and compliance activities of the Company
- Design and implement audit test programs to address identified risks.
- Evaluate the design and test the operating effectiveness of controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance
- Develop findings and make recommendations for inclusion in the audit report
- Prepare audit reports and other working papers that document the procedures, findings, and results of those procedures
- Assess the adequacy and timeliness of management’s plans for addressing and correcting audit findings and issues
- Communicate with senior management and the Board to ensure timely project completion
- Understand and present audit issues from the perspective of both senior management and the Board.
- Collaborate with management, outside of audit projects, to provide recommendations for improving functional initiatives
- Participate in fraud investigations as required
- Perform all duties in an honest and ethical manner
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Experience in developing an audit plan, including completing strategic discussions with senior leadership team members, collaborating to identify key business and functional risks and prioritizing risks for inclusion in the plan.
- Relevant internal control and risk management experience
- 10+ years of experience in auditing and/or combination of accounting and auditing
- 7+ years of supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to build and manage productive teams
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, information technology or related field; MBA preferred
- Professional certifications preferred with one or more of the following: CIA, CPA, CISA, CISSP
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to produce and present communications clearly and succinctly for executive leadership
- Adept skill level with Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of accounting and audit software
- Able to travel up to 30%Team player with proven ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to manage one's own time and the time of others effectively
- Demonstrated exemplary attention to detail
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges