Director, Tax at Unity
Unity is looking for a Director, Tax to join our team. In this role, you will manage the company’s tax planning, compliance and provision activities. You will be developing and managing our global tax while scaling operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Oversee the global tax compliance for US federal, state, local and foreign income taxes, including but not limited to quarterly filings of sales, use taxes and VAT.
- Analyze U.S. and international tax matters related to the company’s global activities, including proactive identification of issues, development of effective and efficient strategies, and driving implementation of solutions.
- Analyze local country tax requirements around all aspects of our business, including entering new countries, compliance in existing markets, and proper structuring of acquisitions, reorganizations and cross-border transactions.
- Provide guidance to senior members of the finance and management team, communicate key issues arising from our global tax planning, including risks, benefits, and financial impact to the company.
- Review quarterly and year-end tax provision calculations for accuracy.
- Keep current on developments in global tax legislation that may affect our business.
- Manage tax examinations and inquiries by the tax authorities.
- Optimize and integrate cash management processes to ensure efficiency and internal control.
- Assess, recommend and implement hedging strategies to support our global business.
- Partner with finance leaders on working capital management and cash flow forecasting.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 12+ years of tax experience.
- Big 4 accounting experience required.
- Tax experience at a public company preferred.
- Solid knowledge of assessing and understanding the tax impacts of a global operation.
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.