Finance Executive, Finance & Administration at Vista Consulting Group
The Vista Consulting Group is looking for a Finance Executive to consult with finance and accounting leaders, Chief Financial Officers, and CEOs at Vista portfolio companies to drive results. This role sits within the Vista Consulting Group’s Finance & Administration practice and will include heavy collaboration across functional experts.
The Finance Executive is charged with driving value creation within the Vista portfolio by assisting portfolio company management with executing and maintaining Vista’s Best Practices. This role is intended to bring subject matter expertise in the finance and accounting area to the various portfolio company finance teams.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading an effective Financial organization in a B2B technology company, and may also have experience in Financial consulting.
- Strategic Alignment: Lead and contribute to the development of cross-functional executive priorities, budget planning, and the company financial plan.
- Assist with on-boarding new portfolio acquisitions into the portfolio with the Vista value creation methodology.
- Partnering with portfolio company management and the Vista Deal Team to identify transformation plan initiatives and stack ranking significant gaps that need to be prioritized to achieve value creation targets.
- Providing the portfolio management team with Visa reporting requirements and expected timelines to ensure transparency in financial performance, as well as to facilitate open communication channels.
- Provide finance and accounting expertise on an as-needed basis to the portfolio companies in areas such as business combinations, software capitalization, revenue recognition, acquisition accounting, cash forecasting, KPI reporting, etc.
- Support networking opportunities between the portfolio companies to enhance best practice conversations.
- Assist BOSS team with implementation of system conversion initiatives.
- Drive and participate in internal value-added projects which will be assigned on an ad-hoc basis.
- Direct and indirect reports may include staff through senior level consultants within the Vista Consulting Group.
- 15+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience with significant exposure to software/SaaS/Data companies
- Experienced CFO with deep expertise both as a practitioner and consultant at a world-class practice
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance related area
- CPA, CMA, CIA, MBA or equivalent certification/advanced degree preferred
- Advanced/Expert level of understanding in accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Sophisticated communication skills, including strong presentation skills; an engaging speaker who can craft and present messages in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to engage with and influence executives both internally and externally across the C-suite; demonstrated strength at advocating and helping execute strategy
- An outstanding reputation as a client advisor and trusted counsel for leaders and executives
- Ability to manage small to large team efforts, while being an individual contributor
- Goal-oriented self-starter who works well in cross functional teams
- Ability to travel a minimum of 60% of the time within the USA and internationally
- Austin, TX or Chicago, IL locations preferred; will consider remote candidates
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista’s investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista’s family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world’s most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2019’s top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What’s Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista’s consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 150 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.