Finance ManagerABOUT US
At Shipwell, we believe every business should be able to deliver customer delight through seamless freight shipping, just like Amazon. Freight is a complex world that Shipwell is making easier for shippers, carriers, and third-party logistics companies. We work with thousands of shippers and carriers to solve their biggest freight challenges with an unmatched technology platform leveraging smart automation and a team of freight professionals. Shipwell is turning the supply chain industry on its head and advancing the way freight has been operating for centuries. Backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley and Austin, Shipwell is poised to dominate freight tech with a fast-paced and gritty startup mentality. Join us, get in on the ground floor of a future Fortune 500 company, and be a part of the future of freight!
Shipwell is looking for a Finance Manager to join our growing finance team! The role will focus on overall finance from developing analyzes reporting and metrics to arranging and overseeing the overall completion of collections. The ideal candidate does not have to have experience in the logistics industry, but they should have a strong background in leadership and finance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU GET HERE
- Develops analyzes reporting and metrics to drive efficiency and effectiveness of collections staff.
- Suggests, reviews and implements improvements in processes to increase the effectiveness of operations.
- Informs management of sales and operational practices that drive deterioration in the Accounts Receivable portfolio, and work with cross-functional teams to drive business process improvement.
- Arranges and oversees completion of all of collections.
- Acts as an escalation contact to resolve issues between external customers and the business.
- Provide timely and relevant reporting and analysis to the business.
- Drive process improvements to generate efficiencies and improve controls. Ensure policies and processes are up to date.
- Implements and manages changes due to internal process improvement initiatives, system implementation, etc.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure business goals are met with the greatest efficiency.
- Cultivates a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates team members to ensure effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalant work experience
- Minimum of 4+ years’ applicable experience in FP&A, Accounts Receivable and Collections processes.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ progressive experience leading and managing teams
- Advanced proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
WHAT IS PREFERRED
- Strong strategic orientation, influence skills, and business savvy
- High level of professionalism
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Corporate headquarters in sunny Austin, TX
- Incredible growth opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in Austin
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, has a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.