Financial Analyst, FP&A – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Financial Analyst at Amherst Residential will be part of the corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and provide support for all FP&A efforts, including financial and business analysis, annual budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and strategic planning. The Financial Analyst will also play a “hands-on” role in developing and implementing financial planning processes and tools.
The FP&A team works cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop projections and analyses. Our team works in a fast-paced, collaborative and demanding environment and we are looking for a self-motivated candidate who has a “no excuses / get the job done” mentality.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and skilled at communicating complex financial concepts to and developing working relationships with Executive Leadership and all levels, functions and operations of the company.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly financial packages and variance analysis against budget and prior periods.
- Participate in the annual budget and forecasting process for all assigned functional areas including relevant analysis and documentation of major variances.
- Maintain, enhance, and design the FP&A reporting tool (Adaptive Insights).
- Identify and recommend enhancements with respect to content, process, and controls.
- Provide financial and strategic support to senior management and the owners, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, and other projects.
- Meet with division leads to discuss monthly variances to budget and any organizational changes that may affect financials.
- Partner with Accounting and HR to report monthly expenses and headcount across the firm’s divisions and markets.
- Other duties assigned to ensure the proper functions of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in banking/investment management/corporate finance/structured financing.
- High potential individual, able to rise within the finance organization or move into other roles within the company.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, quantitative, and written communication skills required.
- High standards of accuracy and precision; strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Ability to work effectively under tight time constraints, and multi-task on various projects.
- Familiar with, or can quickly become familiar with, the company’s operations and strategy.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI skills a plus).
- Experience working for a PE-backed firm a plus
- Knowledge of reporting in Tableau and SQL/database structures a plus.
- Experience with structured ERP systems (Adaptive, Anaplan, etc) a plus.
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.