Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
The Financial Analyst supports the Main Street Renewal Finance department in areas focused around cost analysis structure, profitability analysis, expense control analysis, benchmarking, and various other functions for the property management and construction side of the business.
- Cost analysis structure for the Acquisitions, Property Management, and Construction business.
- Prepare analysis of profitability performance and production.
- Income driver identification and analysis for the different income streams.
- Expense and concession control reporting.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Industry research and benchmark information gathering.
- Participate in strategy discussion and planning.
- Monthly reporting.
- Ad-hoc reporting and projects
Education and Experience Guidelines
- Accounting or Finance degree.
- At least 5 years in an Accounting or Analyst role.
- Strong cost accounting and benchmarking background.
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager, SQL, business intelligence tools, JIRA, and Tableau is a plus.
- Ability and experience in analyzing large quantity of data from multiple sources and effectively translating the findings to a usable set of reports.
- Strong Microsoft excel, analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking, and logical reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-pace environment and can handle frequent changes.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines given.
- Confidentiality required.
- Must be able to work independently.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and typical hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with a start time no later than 9:00 a.m. There will be times when additional hours are required.
No travel is anticipated, but may be required for this position.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.