FP&A Analyst at CesiumAstro
Please Note: US citizenship or permanent residency is required for this position.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Financial Planning and Analysis – Analyst to our team. The candidate will play a key role in supporting the overall financial health and direction of the company while simultaneously focusing on the foundational business operations of CesiumAstro. You will be a right-hand to our Director of FP&A to affect change and collaborate with the entire team to exponentially grow CesiumAstro. Your contributions will play an essential role in supporting the company through hyper-growth, as you forecast the future, and while scaling both revenue and internal relationships. **Must have start-up, high-growth, and venture-backed experience. **
You will be responsible for preparing budgets, developing forecasts, performing variance analysis, and project finance modeling. We are looking for a true hands-on approach with energy to engage across the company to develop a robust understanding of each department and the work they are doing. We are a true start-up looking for a highly motivated, voracious learner, with drive to work cross-functionally build positive relationships and provide clarity for decision making by senior finance leaders.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of future operations
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward
- Gauging the company’s overall financial health, comparing key financial ratios to industry peers
- Evaluating company financial data to ensure investments are the best use of capital, by looking at return on investment (ROI) and comparisons with other ways the company could utilize cash.
- Evaluating potential program and product opportunities to determine costs and profitability.
- Evaluating financials for each department and working with individual departments to prepare budgets/forecasts and consolidate into corporate budget/forecasts.
- Preparing internal reports for executive leadership to support decision making.
- Evaluating inorganic growth opportunities, mapping out capital and investment plans.
- Generating three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Extracting Big Data sets and synthesizing into useful analytics.
- Develop dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Must be willing to work/relocate to headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from an accredited university or college.
- 2+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Able to analyze data and synthesize complexity into clarity for decision making.
- Exceptional communicator and presenter, both written and verbal.
- Passion for solving hard problems and willingness to dive into new challenges.
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, and Sales and other departments.
- Experience developing and implementing financial budgets and forecasts.
- Experience with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) accounting standards is preferred.
- Enjoy challenges and creative thinking to turn data into insights.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure, and cross-functional environment.
- Enjoy the challenge of “wearing multiple hats” and doing everything possible to make the company successful.
- You take initiative and enjoy creating novel financial and business insights.
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.