If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
About the job
The Finance team partners with business leaders across the company and drives impact through a grounding in hard data, an independent point of view, a bias to action, a collaborative approach, and a focus on the development of our people. We balance the roles of trusted advisor and guardian to reveal opportunity, manage risk, and shape investment decisions across markets and products. Successful candidates for this team have a bias towards action, exceptional partnership and communication skills, and know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
This position presents incredible opportunities for growth as leader in a team that will grow over 100% this year. In this position, you will be the first person in a dedicated FP&A role and will be responsible for developing and maturing the FP&A function at Levelset. You will shape and own the day-to-day FP&A operations and provide direct support to managers and the Vice President of Finance. And you will grow the team that you need to support Levelset’s ambitious growth plans.
As someone who knows the workings of the business inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and forecasting processes. In this role, you will work on difficult and often ambiguous problems, apply your attention to detail and judgment to quantify financial impact, and communicate complex issues to cross-functional partners and senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
- Develop and streamline FP&A processes to find value within the business and mitigate risk
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies.
- Build, validate, and track monthly forecast models and report month over month variances to forecast and annual plan
- Gather, consolidate, and analyze operating and financial results for financial statements, including preparing internal and external reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances.
- Contribute meaningfully to quarterly forecast and budget planning cycles, including coordinating with all stakeholders, providing corporate inputs, and preparing relevant deliverables.
- Assist with management and Board business and financial planning, including presentations and key analysis requests.
- Ensure that our procurement, hiring, and revenue reporting processes are smoothly incorporated into our forecast, while implementing process and process improvements with an emphasis on automation at scale.
- Be an active member of the Leadership Team, lead partnership efforts across the region, acting as a cross functional leader across our business
- Reconcile discrepancies and identify gaps between strategic forecasts, annual plans, and rolling forecasts
- Interact with department managers and Business Intelligence teams to ensure strategic and analytical alignment, as well as data consistency and efficiency
- Dive deep into market, product and performance data to understand how user behaviors and market landscape are changing, and identify opportunities to grow the business, accelerate growth and drive product adoption/usage.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on FP&A professional who embraces ambiguity and can work independently to solve problems. You want to play a critical role in building a world-class FP&A function while partnering with accounting, legal, budget owners, management, operations, and all employees across Levelset. We are looking for the right candidate that’s passionate about finance operations and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and feedback-driven environment. You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you're looking for the right company to support your growth.
- You know how to do this from experience. 5-7 years of work experience in FP&A, economic/financial consulting, investment banking, business strategy, business operations and/or analytics
- You have the ability to lead the corporate function for a growing multi-business organization. You want to build the team and function up, rapidly, to Levelset’s needs.
- Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized; able to work under tight deadlines while maintaining impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment, with a passion for taking ownership of your work
- Excellent business judgment, with the ability to motivate colleagues and collaborate effectively to help influence senior leadership.
- Ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple and impactful recommendations and influence senior stakeholders and business partners.
- Advanced Excel and presentation building skills with experience in creating financial models and clear, concise presentation materials
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to be innovative, organized, and thorough.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a complex, fast-changing environment
- Preferred Qualifications
- BA, BS, or MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics).
- Experience in a company of 100+ people
- Experience with B2C, Subscription, and B2B SaaS business models and metrics such as ROAS, LTV, CAC, Churn, CPP, ASP, Retention, etc. in order to influence decision making
- Experience writing SQL queries and retrieving data from relational databases. Experience with Tableau, R, or similar tools.
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Stripe, Hubspot, Marketo, Segment
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.