Payer Relations & Contracting Director (Austin, TX) at Ascension
Payer Relations & Contracting Director
Are you a proven Managed Care leader? Apply today!
This position will be responsible for our Texas Ministry.
What You Will Do
Negotiate and review payer and direct employer contracts for the organization.
- Direct analysts in financial modeling specific to contracting efforts, ensuring negotiated outcomes meet desired objectives.
- Lead the development and contracting for value-based population health opportunities and new reimbursement models. Contracts include fee-for-service.
- Responsible for educating ministries on impact of changes in reimbursement methodology imposed by commercial payers and governmental agencies.
- Serve as a liaison between payers and ministry departments, hosting routine meetings with payers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Develop reports and reporting solutions specific to payer relations, managed care and contracting needs.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Experience negotiating contracts for either a provider organization or a managed care company
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.