Raiser's Edge NXT Fundraising Consultant at Blackbaud
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
As a Senior Fundraising Consultant, you will identify and research business needs and then determine solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a software-systems development component but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. You will work closely with business and technical teams and understands the business needs as to ensure there is integration between business and technology. The Senior Fundraising Consultant also understands development processes (SDLC) and/or business workflow processes and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
A Senior Fundraising Consultant may perform any of the following activities: Feasibility analysis, scope projects, and work with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables and negotiate on product functionality; create detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) or Business Process documentation (as applicable) and translate it into functional specifications; provide analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation; partner with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions; participate in Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
Senior Fundraising Consultant Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus on a desired outcome
- Ability to assume the responsibilities of an overall solution owner, with limited advising: gathers and analyzes information and uses it to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations; devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions; proactively raises risks and implements fixes and changes as needed to keep small problems from becoming big problems.
- Investigates and acts to meet customers’ current and future needs. Gives customer needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Builds positive and fruitful customer relationships.
- Effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage, or impact performance. Puts resources and or processes into logical, comprehensible order.
- Creative and critical thinker with the ability to develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations and problems. Exhibits constructive, non-traditional thinking. Creates, from scratch or from plans, high-quality designs or work products.
- Negotiates or mediates sound agreements in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or difference in interest.
- Successfully closes negotiations achieving best possible outcomes. Creatively approaches negotiations.
- Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively across communication settings.
- Ability to present in various group settings with or without the use of technology.
- Exhibits composure while in the spotlight and conveys information eloquently.
- 3-5+ years of experience in consulting, software/technology, or non-profit
- Can effectively connect with a variety of audiences both internal and customer.
- Ability to mentor, coach, and guide Associate and Staff Business Analysts as needed
- Experience with direct marketing, accounting, or fundraising campaigns highly desirable
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products (Raiser’s Edge, Raiser’s Edge NXT) and the non-profit industry
- CBAP certification or PMI-PBA desirable but not required
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.