Revenue Accountant at DISCO
- We are currently searching for a Revenue Accountant to join the finance team. You will work closely with the billing, FP&A and finance teams as well as cross functionally to drive efficiencies in the organization and ensure accurate, timely, visibility into the Company’s financial results. This position will have the responsibility to ensure revenue is recorded timely and recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review and document all revenue contracts to ensure the timely and accurate identification of revenue recognition criteria in accordance with ASC 606
- Review daily MRR and revenue activity to analyze/validate the internal and external metrics for accuracy
- Support the billing department in the monthly invoicing process through the application of contractual invoicing adjustments
- Prepare revenue related balance sheet account reconciliations such as, accounts receivable and deferred revenue
- Analyze and record bad debt and revenue allowance entries
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and timely in accordance with GAAP
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to shorten the monthly close cycle with a focus on automation
- Assist in preparing and maintaining documented internal control processes
- Monitor industry regulations and updated accounting pronouncements to ensure the continued accuracy of the financial statements
- Coordinate audit requests for external audits as required
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as required by FP&A and Finance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge and understanding of ASC 606 with understanding of performance obligations and stand-alone selling price
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills to provide insights on analysis and variance explanations related to the financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to process improvement efforts
- Self starter with “Can-do” attitude and strong connection to team success
- Team player with the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Must be proficient in excel including pivot tables, Vlookups, embedded formulas etc.
- Have NetSuite accounting system experience
- Prior experience in fast moving/innovative SaaS technology environment
- Have big 4 public accounting experience
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.