Revenue Analyst - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst is a real estate private equity firm with credit and equity strategies. Our Single Family Residential Equity strategy has quickly scaled over the last 5 years to 20,000+ homes in 30 markets across 21 states while building a vertically integrated real estate investment and operating platform. The Commercial Real Estate strategy is a pioneer in transitional lending in the commercial space across the country. Holistically, we manage AUM of $5.8bn, and work with some of the world’s largest and most prominent investors.
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Revenue Analyst will be a part of our growing Asset Management department overseeing the single family real estate investment portfolio. The Revenue Analyst will be responsible for communicating and implementing leasing and revenue strategies for our investment properties, ongoing analysis on effectiveness of these strategies on actual to estimated performance, as well as ad-hoc projects.
- Determines the appropriate asking/renewal rent for an assigned portfolio of homes
- Performs portfolio wide financial analyses focusing on revenue management
- Executes investor directives and optimizes portfolio performance to achieve revenue & occupancy KPIs
- Re-underwriting homes on an ongoing basis, in response to market demand and investment objectives
- Conducts weekly calls with assigned market leasing teams to discuss timeline exceptions and market performance
- Understands the economic impact of rent reductions/concessions
- Monitors daily activity of leasing pipeline
- Ad hoc analysis supporting management requests
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Communication! Strong written and verbal communication, and ability to interact professionally with other departments
- Self-motivated - Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively meet management’s expectations
- Ability to understand how strategic decisions and operational actions affect financial results
- Detail oriented
- 0-2 years of experience in finance or related field
- Knowledge of real estate preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.