Senior Accountant – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Single Family Residential Division is seeking a self-motivated, driven, intellectually curious accounting or finance professional to join the Accounting and Finance team as Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant supports the accounting and finance teams in various areas focused around the daily processing of property-related, banking and investor-related tasks.
- Handle month-end close process including preparation of recurring journal entries, account reconciliations, and accounts analysis.
- Prepares financial statements and related schedules.
- Prepares, analyzes, and distributes financial results including variance explanations.
- Assist in the annual audit and tax compliance by providing supporting documentation and analysis.
- Handling ad-hoc projects as assigned by Senior Management.
- Prepares elimination and consolidation entries and analysis.
- Interprets financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and financial statement standards.
- Handling various aspects of inter-company transactions, including reconciling with inter-company partners on a regular basis and ensuring transactions in the general ledger are properly recorded.
- Collaborates with a fast-paced team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Follows all organizational systems, programs, training, policies, and procedures as required and complies with relevant legal mandates. Seeks guidance as required.
- Handles various special projects as delegated by Management.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
What you’ll need to have:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or equivalent certification a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience preferably in a private equity or real estate company
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products, advanced excel skills strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of GAAP in the area of revenue accounting.
- Experience in real estate, preferably in a partnership or fund preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Highly motivated with the ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.