Senior Accountant at DISCO
We are currently searching for a Senior Accountant to join the finance team. You will work closely with the accounts payable, FP&A, and finance teams as well as cross functionally across other departments to drive efficiencies in the organization and ensure accurate and timely visibility into the Company’s financial results. This position will have the responsibility to ensure accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid, accruals, and payroll are recorded timely and recognized in accordance with U.S. GAAP.What You'll Do
- Ensure that all non-revenue related balance sheet account reconciliations are recorded timely and in accordance with U.S. GAAP, such as the commission accrual, bonus accrual, sales tax, fixed assets, AP accrual, accounts payable, etc.
- Ensure expenses are timely booked and properly in the appropriate department and GL line items in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to shorten the monthly close cycle.
- Assist in calculating commissions.
- Drive process improvements by working collaboratively and cross-functionally within and outside of Accounting.
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation.
- Primary liaison with tax agencies for licenses, registrations, and returns.
- Coordinate audit requests for external audits as required.
- Prepare and review journal entries to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Perform other duties and projects related to the role as assigned.
Review the operating expense process
- Ensure payables are coded correctly.
- Review corporate credit card statements to ensure proper accounting and classification.
- Ensure that payroll is coded accurately and recorded timely.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate
- 2+ years of related accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Prior experience in fast moving/innovative SaaS technology environment
- Experience with reconciling cash, fixed assets, accruals, prepaids
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills to provide insights on analysis and variance explanations related to the financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to process improvement efforts
- Self starter with “Can-do” attitude and strong connection to team success
- Team player with the highest level of honesty and integrity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Must be proficient in excel including pivot tables, vlookups, embedded formulas, etc.
- Have Netsuite accounting system experience
- Have big 4 public accounting experience
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.