Senior Analyst, Compliance at Self Financial (Austin, TX or Remote)
About the job
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people with accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Compliance Analyst to ensure regulatory compliance for the company through oversight and testing of key components of the company’s Compliance Management system (CMS). This role is working under the Chief Compliance Officer and in consultation across all departments. This role will work closely with the compliance team in further developing the risk control self assessment program and related risk monitoring reporting to management and the board.
- Manage the regulatory requirement matrix that tracks all applicable laws for Self’s products and services, and related policies, procedures, training, controls, and reporting to support these requirements
- Work directly with multiple internal teams to maintain risk control self assessments for key regulatory requirements for Self’s products and services
- Coordination and oversight with the issue management team (IRT) on identified gaps or opportunities related to regulatory matters
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and initiatives as needed
- Previous financial services experiences in enterprise risk, process mapping, and/or consumer protection
- Exceptional ability to formulate risk assessments, policies, procedures, and related documentation
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of consumer protection and consumer financial services law and regulation, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and privacy
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.