Senior Financial Analyst – Accounting Lead
The Senior Financial Analyst at Amherst Residential will be part of the corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and provide support for all FP&A efforts, including financial and business analysis, annual budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and strategic planning. The Senior Financial Analyst will also play a “hands-on” role in developing and implementing financial planning processes and tools.
The FP&A team works cross-functionally with other teams within the organization to consolidate financial information and develop projections and analyses. Our team works in a fast-paced, collaborative and demanding environment and we are looking for a self-motivated candidate who has a “no excuses / get the job done” mentality.
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and skilled at communicating complex financial concepts to and developing working relationships with Executive Leadership and all levels, functions and operations of the company.
- Lead the annual budget and forecasting process for all assigned functional areas including relevant analysis and documentation of major variances.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial packages and variance analysis against budget and prior periods.
- Identify and recommend enhancements with respect to content, process, and controls.
- Provide financial and strategic support to senior management and the owners, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, and other projects.
- Meet with division leads to discuss monthly variances to budget and any organizational changes that may affect financials
- Partner with Accounting and HR to report monthly expenses and headcount across the firm’s divisions and markets.
- Other duties assigned to ensure proper functions of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Accounting, or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in banking/investment management/corporate finance/structured financing.
- High potential individual, able to rise within the finance organization or move into other roles within the company.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal, quantitative, and written communication skills required.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI skills a plus).
- High standards of accuracy and precision; strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Ability to work effectively under tight time constraints, and multi-task on various projects.
- Familiar with, or can quickly become familiar with, the company’s operations and strategy.
- Big 4 Audit or Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working with accounting systems (Yardi a plus).