Senior Associate, Revenue — Asset Management
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Asset Management team is looking for a Senior Associate to lead the Revenue Management team (4 employees) and report directly to the Head of Asset Management. This team drives nuanced investor leasing strategies across 28 markets and 19 states. While headquartered in Austin, the Senior Associate will cultivate relationships at each branch where we manage homes.
- Reviews marketing performance by region to determine opportunities to drive rent growth or flag potential areas of concern
- Develops deep understanding of investor approval process and goals as pertains to revenue and occupancy
- Conducts / oversees weekly calls with branches to discuss timeline exceptions and market color
- Uses public research to analyze individual markets and monitors institutional competitor performance
- Performs portfolio wide financial analyses focusing on revenue management and ad hoc analyses supporting management and investor requests
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Communication! Strong ability to interact professionally with other departments through written/verbal communication
- Self-motivated - Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively manage management’s expectations
- Ability to understand how strategic decisions and operational actions affect financial results
- Detail oriented
- 4-7 years of experience in finance and/or real estate
- Residential experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!