We love hospitality! With vacation rental popularity continuing to skyrocket, TurnKey recognized the need for better, smarter, more consistent hospitality and service. So, we’re redefining the vacation rental experience to enhance the lives of our homeowners, guests, and valued team members every day. As part of our team, you’ll play an integral role in driving our service and technology innovations. We're headquartered in Austin, and recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Midsized Companies to Work For, and also Best Paying Companies!
Join us in our journey as we work smart, grow fast, and win together!
Introduction to the role:
TurnKey Vacation Rentals is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join our team! Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Analytics, the Senior Finance Manager will work across the business to empower TurnKey with a data driven financial roadmap to support decision-making. You will be a player/manager, both building a team and digging into the details to impact business outcomes across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the financial model for current year and long-range forecasting, including all components required to build a bottom up P&L, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Partner with and advise the business on financial performance and trade-offs in order to achieve company-wide objectives
- Drive accountability by setting clear expectations, measuring performance, identifying risks and opportunities, and communicating results
- Build, manage, and mentor an agile team of talented financial analysts
- Coordinate and help drive the annual budget and quarterly forecast process
- Prepare period-end financial package, MD&A and department-level reporting to the executive team
- Provide support and preparation for Board of Director and investor meetings
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to exec team on current trends in the business, performance vs. expectations and KPI achievement
- Partner with the business to prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic decisions
- Partner with other teams, such as Business Development and Accounting, to forecast, implement, and report on new business initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other quantitative discipline
- 7+ years finance experience, with a minimum of three years in developing budgets, models and financial analysis
- Ability to drive discipline within an organization while maintaining good working relationships
- Intellectual curiosity and natural drive to “get to the bottom of things”
- Experience leading, motivating, and developing a team
- Natural bias toward action and a track record of bringing the answers before management asks the question
- Maniacal focus on innovation and improvement and a constant desire to raise the bar
- Solid understanding of accounting and extensive knowledge of financial statements
- Experience in creating and automating dashboards, reports, models, and processes to create efficiency and leverage
- High tolerance for ambiguity and a fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to direct a team with limited oversight
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience building complex models with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present in a visually appealing format to “tell the story” and provide recommendations to senior leaders
- Knowledge of BI tools, database structure, and programming languages is a plus
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to join a company re-inventing the vacation rental service industry
- Work with a world-class team to develop industry-leading processes and solutions
- Company-sponsored monthly events, including monthly happy hours
- Competitive pay
- Employee stock options
- Generous PTO
- Discounted stays at Turnkey luxury properties
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Dog friendly workplace
- Leadership and career development programs
- Opportunities to advance within the company
Who We Are:
TurnKey (TurnKeyVR.com) is the leading, technology-enabled vacation rental management company started by former HomeAway/VRBO and Hotwire executives. We are based in Austin, TX and manage over 5,000 properties in over 80 destinations and growing including Austin, Lake Tahoe, Breckenridge, Park City, Palm Springs, and Santa Barbara to name a few.
Our goal is to become the largest and most highly regarded firm nationally by offering homeowners advanced vacation rental management services, with higher revenues at a lower cost. We offer competitive salaries and bonuses as well as stock options in our high-growth technology company.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
Not every traveler is the same. Not everyone wants the same travel experience. For this reason, it’s important for TurnKey to build a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of our guests and homeowners. As an equal opportunity employer, TurnKey welcomes all employees and applicants, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, condition of pregnancy, or any other legally protected characteristic.