Senior Financial Analyst, R&D at Unity Technologies
Responsible financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, and process improvement are what pave the way for Unity to grow and succeed. From day-to-day bookkeeping to compliance and forecasting, our team informs and influences decisions that directly impact Unity’s bottom line.The opportunity
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity
Come join Unity’s FP&A team! As an FP&A Senior Financial Analyst (R&D), you will make a significant impact on our budget, forecast, monthly reporting and analytics rhythms. You will be a key member of our FP&A team as we continue to become a world-class finance organization and customer-focused partner in driving business results.
Reporting to the Director of the R&D FP&A team, you will work across Finance, Human Resources, IT, Accounting and other operational teams to ensure the financial and operational objectives of the business are met. If you are a self-starting leader with strong business partnership skills, outstanding communication skills, and loves to roll up their sleeves in a dynamic fast-paced environment, then come be a part of our journey!What you’ll be doing
- Track critical metrics that measure R&D activities that support Unity’s strategic objectives and develop and improve monthly business performance reporting
- Enable our R&D business partners to “see around the corner” through insightful business analysis, including recommendations that drive business improvement
- Develop detailed financial operating models and assumptions to accurately predict business performance and evaluate investment scenarios
- Perform detailed variance analysis with executive level commentary that identifies trends, providing recommendations for improvement and course correction when required
- Ownership of COGS, Headcount planning and tracking (close partnership with hiring managers, Recruiting and HR), and Operating Expense across the R&D organization, including cost control measures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similarly quantitative/analytical degrees coupled with understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial concepts
- Quantitative/analytical experience in technology, corporate finance, economics or consulting experience in a fast-paced industry
- Proven analytical skills combined with laser attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills to deliver meaningful insights to business partners and executives
- Strong proficiency in modeling skills with an ability to present financial information in an easy to understand format
- Results oriented, prioritize workload independently, and comfortable influencing cross-functional teams
- MBA, other relevant advanced degree or CFA
- Background in gaming, SaaS software, internet or high growth technology industry
- Experience with large data sets and creating data visualizations
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.