Senior Financial Analyst
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Responsibilities of the FP&A Team encompass a full range of forecasting, budget management, and investment analysis activities. This role is a challenging position with high-level visibility. The Senior Financial Analyst position sits at the intersection of the business’ operations and company’s financial results and, consequently, comes with the ability to influence the business beyond Finance. A successful candidate will embrace opportunities to take on new challenges and be comfortable leading/motivating their peers.
- This role will have a focus on cost management including oversight over the Finance Team’s monthly expense forecasting process as well as ownership over the budgeting / forecasting cadence for several functional groups.
- Team forecasting oversight responsibilities will include coordinating the team interface with Accounting for the monthly actuals close process, rolling up the team’s company-wide headcount and non-compensation plans, conducting variance analysis, and preparing/analyzing the consolidated company-wide expense forecast. A successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, an ability to motivate and help their peers, a strong work ethic, and an ability to self-task based on a desired outcome rather than step by step instruction.
- Budgeting process responsibilities will include working with functional budget owners to generate monthly expense forecasts and quarterly CAPEX forecasts, analyzing actuals, preparing variance analysis, and developing/tracking key performance metrics. As the primary Finance point of contact for these functional budget owners, responsibilities will also include modeling, data analysis, business cases, and investment analysis among other items on an as needed basis. A successful candidate will have top tier excel modeling ability, strong independent reasoning/problem solving skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Responsibilities may include other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience is required for this position. A successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Required skills and abilities include excellent analytical skills, top tier Excel modeling skills, strong leadership skills and a strong sense of initiative. Candidates should have broad experience leveraging their analytical and modeling skills in a wide variety business situations and feel comfortable leveraging this skill set to help other team members.