Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
This position will provide support to the Financial Planning & Analysis team in carrying out a variety of finance initiatives and functions. The role requires a highly organized person who demonstrates a very keen attention to detail, a high level of proficiency with Excel with comfort working in complex spreadsheets, an understanding of financial concepts, and strong communication skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in preparation of weekly reports that highlight the operational results, forecasts, and business plans of the company’s various divisions and subsidiaries
- Analyzing financial and operating results and informing senior management of key trends
- Help design and evaluate budgets, business plans, and forecasts for Care.com and its parent company
- Identify and analyze operational problems and recommend effective solutions
The role will also work closely with the finance managers within the business units and will be required to meet strict internal and external timelines/milestones.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in, Finance, Economics or equivalent quantitative major
- 2+ years of experience in finance in a corporate environment
- Must have experience in the tech industry, management consulting, or investment banking
- 1+ year of experience building complicated financial models
- Solid understanding of finance, accounting, economics, and statistics
- SQL skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with MS office products
- Ability to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).