Senior Financial Analyst at Whole Foods Market
· Supports a cross-regional quarterly, annual, and long-term sales and gross margin forecasting and targeting process focused on transparency, accuracy, and financial improvement.
· Partners cross-functionally to understand underlying retail business drivers and utilizes this knowledge to partner in the development of forecasting models consistent with company goals.
· Contributes to weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales performance reviews and opportunity identification.
· Shares performance review insights with the Financial Business Analysis Team and regional leadership for further short-term action plan development.
· Partners with Merchandising team to align and influence decision making through financial reporting and dashboards, bringing together high-level financial measures and category analytics to support decision making.
· Provide weekly and periodic updates on gross margin and sales results and projections with insights into financial opportunities based on variance and relationship analysis.
· Contribute to weekly business review responsibilities, offering insight and updates to merchant and finance leadership regarding financial performance.
· Builds and partners with a strong FP&A network across Whole Foods Market’s Global support teams to learn, incorporate, and share best practices to better support the team.
· Organize and drive enhancements to the global financial reporting portfolio as required.
· Provides gross margin analysis on various markets, competition, and cannibalization.
· Supports alignment and communication to leadership team through the effective use of PowerPoint, when required.
· The above describe the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements as the business and needs evolve.
· Minimum of 4+ years of financial analysis/reporting experience.
· Bachelors degree, Finance or Accounting (MBA or CPA preferred).
· Experience in Enterprise Performance solutions –SAP Business Planning and Consolidations (BPC), Adaptive Insights, Tidemark, Tableau software a plus.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Advanced ability to use Excel for data manipulations, database reference functions, pivot tables, complex and nested formulas and charting.
· Possess superb knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles.
· Strong ability to compile, monitor, examine and audit financial statements, reports and accounts.
· Planning/Forecasting experience is a strong plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy.
· Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership.
· Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
· Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as be a team player.
· Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values.
· Job Families for Job Profiles
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 4-6 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.