Senior Manager, Accounting at Whole Foods Market
- Leads the activity of Accounting teams and team leaders.
- Ensures alignment between internal team and overall Accounting & Finance strategy and objectives.
- Accountable for day-to-day and longer-term planning, initiatives and operations.
- Ensures internal Accounting & Finance, management, and related process controls are effective and fit for purpose.
- Manages and coordinates the monthly financial close process.
- Coordinates activities to ensure results are final and reported in the prescribed manner and within established corporate reporting deadlines.
- Works closely with regional, operational and other leaders to review plan to actual variances and identify systemic issues and trends.
- Coordinates and develops effective communication systems with other departments and operating entities to ensure accurate transaction recording and processing.
- Contributes to functional budget forecasting and planning.
- Ensures alignment between Accounting and the organization’s overall vision, values, mission, and business strategy.
- Ensures team services adapt and change as the business evolves.
- Consults with business leaders on financial, management and related issues, trends, and challenges.
- Serves as a trusted advisor from an Accounting / Financial management perspective.
- Engages with business leaders to Identify gaps in Accounting / Financial understanding, formulate resolution strategies and deliver clear and compelling communication.
- Able to translate overarching strategic objectives into clear, actionable tasks at the local and regional level.
- Identifies risks and threats in current and emerging operational strategies and outcomes.
- Understands how these threats may impact business operations, financial returns and the company’s competitive position.
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the implications inherent in Accounting / Financial analyses are understood and form the basis for sound decision-making.
- Leads detailed task / project planning, including cost, schedule and resource requirements.
- Ensures planning incorporates data and information from customer, supplier, partner and company perspectives.
- Collaborates with task / project stakeholders to identify, evaluate and resolve emerging and anticipated issues.
- Leverages data-driven insights to adjust project plan accordingly.
Demonstrates clear understanding of WFM’s core business and customer / market / partner interfaces.
- Assesses how products, processes and operating models impact the company’s business and financial performance.
- Understands how changes in customer expectations, the competition, new business, new markets and evolving strategies impact the company’s competitive position and long-term prospects.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 6-8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-4 years’ leadership experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.