Staff Accountant - Payroll & Accounts Receivable at Personify, Inc.
Who are we?
Personify is the leading solution provider that empowers the best constituent-focused organizations to succeed. Through our constituent engagement software and services, we help our clients better interact with their constituents at every touch point. After 20+ years of innovation within the industry and hundreds of successful outcomes, our clients have trusted us to be their primary technology partner.
Personify has an amazing opportunity for a bright, energetic Accounting professional to join our team within a fast-growing software company. The position will support various aspects of Finance and Accounting for the company. The successful candidate will need to be effective and experienced in the general accounting function. The position requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skill.
The candidate will fit well in an environment that rewards bright, self-starting, energetic, focused individuals with ever increasing responsibility and challenge. The candidate will need to have strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and ability to work with others. This position will support various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, assisting in various audits and monitoring various metrics of the business to aide in daily operational decisions. This position also requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and accruals.
This position will reside at Personify’s headquarters in Austin, TX.
• Manage process for recording monthly revenues, expenses and activity
• Prepare semi-monthly payroll by collecting, calculating, and entering data
• Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
• Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Manage expense reporting process and system for the company
• Manage travel system for the company
• Ensure all payroll taxes are submitted timely and accurately
• Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
• Post revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits
• Update receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers
• Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
• Perform monthly reconciliations and record daily cash activity
• Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements
• Assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed and communicate exceptions to management
• Work as a team to standardize practices and procedures for the function
• Analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations
• Manage all related vendor relationships
• Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned
Required Skills / Experience
• Principles - thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) / knowledge of Statutory accounting principles
• Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment, with occasionally long hours
• Team Oriented – able to work independently and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
• Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action and desire to pursue a career in accounting and/or finance
• Tools – Intermediate proficiency in Excel required – ability to create formulas (including V-lookups/pivot tables), with demonstrated ability to improve processes via automation and end-to-end efficiencies
• Qualifications – Requires Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Systems – Experience with NetSuite a plus
• Experience – 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting/Finance, preferably in companies with international operations. Public accounting experience is also highly valued, as is demonstrated success and increasing responsibility within a company’s accounting function.