Strategy Manager at SparkCognition (Austin, TX)
SparkCognition Government Systems (SGS), a fully wholly owned subsidiary of SparkCognition, Inc., is a U.S. company based in Austin, TX. At SGS, we are helping customers across various services and agencies deploy AI in support of their mission to fuse together a wide set of data, adapt models in real-time, define and predict normal patterns of life, spot anomalies to anticipate decisions, and increase the speed and quality of decisions.
As a Strategy Manager you will lead the development of go-to-market plans for SGS including the development of market assessments, competitive intelligence, business case and scenario modeling. This position requires strong communication among functions and leadership and direct engagement with the Sales and Business Development team and customers. A background in consulting or government focused strategy roles is a strong benefit. Your efforts will be a key part of growing SGS and building the future of the defense industry.
If you were working for us today, you would be:
- Support decisions and action through data-driven analysis of market, competitor, and customer information.
- Deploy advanced financial modeling to support forecasting of business targets and business case development.
- Develop competitive assessment of key industry players to understand differentiation strategy, benchmarking of technology and current state of industry, and external analysis and awareness.
- Lead the development and integration of analyses related to defense and national security industry and key market strategies tied to the verticals that SGS is pursuing.
- Perform trade-off analysis, support proposals of strategic options and recommendations for decision-making.
- Assess / Identify market trends that will shape the deployment of AI in the defense and national security markets and outline key steps to act on those trends.
- Identification of unique business models that may enable adoption and expansion within the government and national security market.
- Support M&A efforts through developing and cultivating relationships with industry players and analysis of targets and pipeline.
It would be great if you had:
- 2-5 years' experience in a strategy / financial analyst role
- Experience working in the Defense and National Security Market
- Strong financial acumen and Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work well within a team setting and virtual
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, independent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Able to manage multiple projects with varying priorities and deadlines
- Must be a US Citizen and can obtain a US Security Clearance when needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)