Data Engineering Intern
Square Root is built on understanding our customers' data more deeply than they do. We’re looking for a data engineering intern to join our quest to make data management an ever-greater differentiator for us. You should be eager to learn, able to adapt and perfect your work, + willing to seek out help and put it to good use. You’ll work alongside our data and infrastructure engineering teams to assist with the build and release tasks, testing automation for data quality, + get to do the fun stuff like data analysis. Having tech chops will serve you well here as we use a range of tools and technologies: Looker, Snowflake, etc. to help us make sense of messy data.
This is a full-time paid internship for Summer 2019. The actual day to day will ultimately be shaped around the intern’s individual interests and skill sets. We plan to provide an environment of learning and mentorship + our intern will be in a position to have a real impact at Square Root. If this is your kind of challenge - apply today!
- Must be a rising senior or currently pursuing a masters degree in computer science
- Python and SQL knowledge is required
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation, maniacal attention to detail, and desire to produce the highest quality work
- Must be in the Austin Metro Area
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
We're always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don't worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. This is the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. Big ideas are meant to be pursued. We have a bias for action, iteration, and impact.
- Be Customer Inspired. Our customers’ toughest challenges inspire us to build innovative software. We delight them by deeply understanding their business and driving results.
- Partner. We’re approachable, dependable, and collaborative. We go above and beyond to help our customers, our partners, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We revere personal and professional growth. We recognize individuality, embrace authenticity, and celebrate each other’s success.
- Paid. This is an ongoing, part-time, paid internship.
- Flexibility. Our office has no set hours, unlimited time off, and no dress code. This means we can easily work with your class schedule.
- Grow with us. Our internships offer folks the ability to learn how a company works, make an impact, and grow with us.
- Training. Kick off your internship with an immersive on-boarding program. You’ll have a 1-on-1 with each department head including our CEO in your first few weeks.
- Good stuff. Oh and if you’re not already sold - we have loads of free jazz like snacks, drinks, and lunches + wellness sessions to combat all the noshing.
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.