Data Engineering Intern at Q2
Q2 is looking for talented individuals with exceptional technical curiosity and is enthusiastic about solving problems.
The Summer Internship Program is 12-weeks long (May 24th - August 12th) and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with Sr. Leadership, activities with other Q2 interns and the opportunity to present to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program. This position will be remote role.
As a Data Engineering Intern, you will learn about data transformations, data pipelines, software development, code and cloud infrastructure deployment. This will be a valuable experience which can help you identifying what areas you are passionate about.
- Learn about data movement and transformation jobs, data pipelines and job dependencies.
- Interact with Data Scientists to discuss desired data usage, data sources, target data formats, schemas, and locations.
- Implement data jobs using Python.
- Learn about continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) and deploy the data jobs and pipelines that you created into production.
- Participate in agile development process (sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, backlog grooming, retrospectives).
Major: technical degree program like Computer Engineering/Computer Science
Class: Graduate Student
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent Microsoft products (excel, word, PPT) a must.
- Programming experience, preferably in Python
- Experience in any of the listed technologies will be plus
- Languages: Python, Golang, Bash, SQL
- Data Tools: Pyspark, Pandas, Databricks, SageMaker, Athena
- SCM: Git, Github, Gitlab
- Cloud Providers: Azure, AWS
- Data Pipelines: Apache Airflow
- Databases: SqlServer, Postgresql
- Containerization: Kubernetes, Docker
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps, Gitlab
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.