Intern, Software Engineer
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is looking for outstanding undergraduates in Computer Science (or related fields) to spend the summer learning from some of the most talented Software Engineers in the industry as an Intern. In this role, you will contribute to the growth of Ping's products and gain strong résumé-building experience working for one of Austin's premiere startups.
- Active participant in the customer escalations, bug-triaging and reproductions, work with customer support organization to provide escalation help on wide variety of technical issues inclusive of ability to troubleshoot, duplicate, and workaround problems to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and success
- Design, code and test for customer reported bug fixes as well as new functionality
- Review functional specs and design documents
- Support and maintain developed code through system test and customer deployments
- Implement automated unit and integration tests
- Participate in peer code reviews and product feature reviews
- Maintain status of assigned issues in Ping's issue tracker
- Become a product expert in key areas to facilitate higher quality development efforts
- Proficient Java coding skills
- Proficient in Unix-based environments
- Experience debugging problems in a distributed system
- Experience with multi-threaded programming in Java
- Full-stack Java development experience
- Experience with AuthZ/AuthN standards such as OAuth (1 or 2), OpenID Connect
- Experience using JSON or XML technologies