Internship- Content Creator (Paid) at FloSports
FloSports Content Internship - PAID
As a member of FloSports’ Content team, interns will contribute to the success of the department by assisting with subscriber acquisition, engagement, and retention efforts for the entire FloSports network across all channels—while keeping a tab on your own field of expertise.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who is eager to learn about modern content creation, strategy, and sports media. Success in the role requires a proactive problem solver who has the ability to perform in a dynamic work environment while collaborating cross-departmentally.
Content interns will work within their own sport of expertise and broaden their skills through a project-based curriculum focusing on key concepts that make up a great content creator at FloSports including planning, video production, copy-editing, event coverage, and driving engagement through social media.
This internship is based in our Austin, Texas office and is available for Summer 2020, tentatively running from mid-May through mid-August. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 20 hrs/week. This is a paid internship offering $15.00/hour.
- Assist in developing content strategies and campaigns to engage current subscribers and activate new and existing subscribers with a focus on retention.
- Create great web content, both written and video, from conception of the idea to publishing.
- Spotlight the top personalities in your sport with interesting stories.
- Handle multiple content projects at once and learn to prioritize those based on their levels of impact.
- Become a news hound, staying on top of every story and change unfolding in the activity to ensure you provide comprehensive coverage to your readers.
- Attend weekly content and cross-departmental meetings to stay up to date on company goals and initiatives
- Pull and analyze data to develop insights that can be used to optimize our content strategies and get smarter every year.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in journalism, media, or a related field
- Ability to analyze and draw meaningful conclusions from data.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects of varying importance while still working effectively.
- Highly motivated to learn about the world of sports media content creation
- Must be available from mid-May to mid-August
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Basic knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut or Premiere Pro) is a must.
- Strong writing and/or editing skills + knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) preferred
- Project-based work with specific goals and executions that can be added to your portfolio
- Have a dedicated supervisor/mentor to guide and challenge you throughout the duration of the program
- Learn the ins and outs of an OTT sports media company
- Learn how to contribute individually to meet any team, department, and company goals
- Learn from the industry’s best across multiple departments
- Hands-on experience with a content management system and industry standard creation tools (Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Opportunity to work and connect with influencers and organizations across our network of sports
WHO WE ARE:
FloSports is an innovative digital sports media company dedicated to unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans deserve! We are committed to growing the sport through the events, the athletes and the fans by providing each unique community with a platform to connect to the sports they love. We stream more than 10,000 live events per year, spanning from youth to professional competitions, produce original video programming and studio shows, and provide authentic content and coverage across more than 20 sports like wrestling, grappling, cheer, gymnastics, rugby, track & field, cycling, marching, bowling and so much more!
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?